ArchUp Mentoring (we, us) is a mentoring platform which pairs students and young professionals with experienced Finance professionals for one-to-one mentoring. This privacy notice tells you how we, as the controller of your personal information, collect and process it.
This notice will be amended from time to time. Please check our website periodically for updates.
Please note that ArchUp Mentoring, our website, our platform and our social media pages are not intended for anyone under the age of 18 and we do not knowingly collect or process the personal information of anyone under the age of 18.
Personal information we process about you as a mentor or mentee
We directly collect the following categories of information from you:
- identity and contact details such as your full name and email address;
- biographical details such as university of study, degree and year group;
- employment status such as place of work and current position held;
- information you choose to share with us about yourself, including your goals and your past experiences. This may include data known as ‘special category data’, such as information in relation to your race, ethnicity, religion, social mobility status, health or sexuality, where you choose to share that with us for the purposes of making a better match with your mentor; and
- usage data including how you use our website and social media.
We collect, use and share aggregated data such as statistical or demographic data. Aggregated data could be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data will not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your usage data to share the amount of users who have signed up to be mentored in a particular week, or the proportion of mentees or mentors belonging to a specific demographic.
Purpose for which we use your personal information and the legal basis for that use
We collect and process information about you in a number of ways, including through your use of our website or social media sites.
We use your personal information:
- to register you as a mentor or mentee;
- to pair you with your mentor or mentee;
- to manage and administer our relationship with you, including enquiries and requests from you and to provide you with assistance where required;
- to monitor, provide and improve our services, website and social media sites;
- to make hiring decisions, only where you have freely given it for the purpose of being considered for a volunteer position;
- to carry out internal analysis, on an anonymous basis, to monitor points such as our diversity profile in order to further promote and encourage diversity and inclusion;
- to take professional advice;
- for risk management and legal compliance purposes and the exercise, defence and establishment of legal claims;
- to organise diversity and inclusivity events or other events of that nature, where you have signed up or registered to an event.
The basis on which we process this information is, except as set out below, for legitimate interests (taking actions requested by you, pairing you with a mentor or mentee having regard to professional aspirations, background and interests, providing, reviewing and improving our business and services).
Special category data will only be processed on the basis of your freely given consent by filling in the relevant fields provided in your mentor or mentee profile. You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us or removing the information from your profile.
Who we share your personal information with
We will share your personal information with the mentor or mentee that you are paired with. We may also share your personal information with certain trusted third parties including professional advisers, third party service providers such as IT service providers, business partners, third parties involved in hosting or organising events.
Where necessary, or for the reasons set out in this privacy notice, personal information may also be shared with regulatory authorities, courts, tribunals, government agencies and law enforcement agencies.
Your rights over your personal information
The European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other applicable data protection laws provide certain rights for data subjects.
You are entitled to request details of the information we hold about you and how we process it. You may also have a right in accordance with applicable data protection law to have data rectified or deleted and to restrict our processing of that information or to lodge a complaint in relation to ArchUp’s processing of your personal information with a local supervisory authority.
If you object to the processing of your personal information, we will respect that choice in accordance with our legal obligations. Your objection could mean that we are unable to perform the actions necessary to achieve the purposes of our mentoring programme.
Please help us to ensure that your personal information is accurate and up to date by updating your profile accordingly on our ArchUp platform.
How we use your personal information
We will only use your personal information in a fair manner and where we have lawful reason to do so.
We are allowed to use your personal information if we have your consent or other legally permitted reasons apply. These reasons may include where we have a legal duty which we must comply with or when it is in our legitimate business interest to use your personal information. We can only rely on our legitimate business interest if it is fair and reasonable to do so.
We will only process special category data where the processing is necessary for the purpose identified.
We will not share your information with any third parties for the purposes of direct marketing.
Information Security and Storage
We implement technical and organisational measures in order to ensure a level of security appropriate to the scale of our operations and risk to the personal information we process. We evaluate these measures on a regular basis and they are aimed at ensuring the on-going integrity and confidentiality of personal information.
We store your personal information in our secure ArchUp Platform and Google Drive and we will only keep your personal information for as long as we continue to have a relationship with you, and for a period of 5 years thereafter. After this time, your personal information will only be retained for reasons of legal compliance or outstanding claims or complaints that would reasonably require your personal information to be retained.
Third party websites
Transferring data outside the EEA
In order to provide our services and for the other purposes set out in paragraph 2 of this Data Privacy Notice, on rare occasions we may have reason to transfer your personal information to locations outside the jurisdiction in which you provide it or where you are viewing this website. This may entail a transfer of your information from a location within the European Economic Area (the EEA) to outside the EEA, or from outside the EEA to a location within the EEA. Should this be necessary, we will inform you.
Changes to our Privacy Notice
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time and if so, we will notify you of such change. You may request a copy of this Privacy Notice from us at any time by contacting us.
Last updated March 2021